The Experience: Sound Healing Personal Sessions with the Crystal Singing Bowls
Research had shown that sound healing and meditation, along with other relaxation techniques, might help to reduce blood pressure and stress, as well as ease pain and anxiety. While this may have seemed like a new idea at the time, sound healing has actually been used for centuries.
Your first experience hearing the crystal bowls being played might take you by surprise. Your response could be deeply emotional, profoundly physical or immensely soothing. You might feel tingling or other sensations in your hands and feet, and vibration throughout your body.
Everyone has a different experience, be it their first time or subsequent sessions. No two are quite the same.
You may find that you may shed tears or shout out, or even fall asleep. The common experience is that it is deeply personal and unique. There is no “right” or “wrong” response or expected behavior.
“One reason sound heals on a physical level is because it so deeply touches and transforms us on the emotional and spiritual plane.”
—Mitchell Gaynor, MD, author of Sounds of Healing
You can expect to experience both physical and emotional sensations as the bowls are played. These feelings are likely to last well beyond the session.
Dress comfortably (loose clothing, layers, no jewelry), bring a journal or notebook, eat lightly and drink plenty of water before and after the session. Deb will provide blankets, yoga cushions, bolsters and eye pillows for individual sessions.
In our personal sessions:
- Begin the session in a position or posture you find comfortable. You may be sitting in a chair, on our comfortable body-length cushion on the floor, or enveloped in a blanket.
- Set an intention. Deb will start the session by suggesting that you set an intention. This will be where you want to focus your energy. It could be something you are currently working on in your
life, or a person in your life who needs attention or healing. Your intention frames the session as the bowls powerfully carry, amplify and bring your intention into fruition.
- Guided Meditation. You will be led into a guided meditation to open up the energy centers (chakras).
- Feel a symphony of sensations. As the bowls begin to play, you start to experience a release—a cleansing—that is physical, mental and emotional. Notice the way the different bowls resonate with you. You may feel more strongly affected by the sound of certain bowls. Allow all the sounds and the vibrations to penetrate your body and soul.
- Come back slowly. Take your time coming out of the meditation. Slowly begin to reconnect with your physical surroundings.
- Share the moment. You will have the opportunity to share your experience with Deb in your session.
- Find time to process your feelings. Describe your experience in a journal or find another way to process what you discovered during the session.
- Pay attention to the emotions or insights that come up in the hour, days or even weeks after your session. It may take a while—or it may not happen at all. When it does, you will know it. Use the information to move forward, let go of past hurts and disappointments, and explore the truths you uncovered, as all the answers are from within.
Read more about Sound Healing, click here.
The powerful vibrations of the singing bowls will take you where you are supposed to go. Just let it happen. With an open heart and mind, let go of your everyday life. Take a deep breath. And fade slowly into the moment.
Listen to the sound of the Throat Chakra Singing Bowl.