Deb Phelps CV
My meditation journey began in 1980 while as a teenager. While pregnant with my youngest daughter in 1996, I embraced yoga as an additional part of my regular self-care routine. My personal life’s mission embraces the heart of service with kindness and compassion. Having experienced trauma, tragedy, and illness myself, I have found refuge in mind-body-spirit practices that have provided me with a sense of wholeness, well-being, and loving acceptance. Teachers who are inspired by their own healing and personal growth transmit that inspiration in their interactions with their students.
I am certified both in mindfulness and meditation. I am also a RYT500 and certified both in Accessible Yoga teacher and Yoga Therapeutics. I include mindfulness coaching, sound healing with singing bowls, energy healing and my work as a certified aromatherapist in my repertoire. As a practicing Buddhist, I find that when I understand what causes peace, I know where to direct my efforts. May my efforts continue to bring happiness, well-being, safety, peace, and ease to all beings.
Registered Yoga Teacher RYT 500 with Yoga Alliance
My Vinyasa Practice, Michelle Young, M. Ed, E-RYT 200, RYT 500, Yoga Therapist I-CAYT
- 200-hour Yoga Teacher Training Certification and 300-hour Yoga Teacher Training Certification
- 300-hour Clinical Yoga Therapy Training: Clinical applications of Hatha Yoga. Yoga Therapy helps to nurture the physical, emotional, psychological, social, and spiritual well-being of individuals.
- Mindfulness Coaching Training
- Yoga Nidra 40 Hour Training
- Trauma-Informed Yoga 20 Hour Training
- Restorative Yoga 40 Hour Training
- Yin Yoga 20 Hour Training
- Adaptive 40 Hour Training
- Work as Livestream Meditation Teacher and Peer Support for students in the 200 and 300 hour yoga teacher training programs
Accessible Yoga Certification – Jivana Heyman, C-IAYT, E-RYT500
- In this 30 hour training for Accessible Yoga. The Focus: Creating Integrated Accessible Yoga classes where all students can practice together. Explore the many ways that yoga can be adapted to suit students with disabilities, physical challenges, seniors, and more. How to make classes welcoming to everyone and how to teach in a trauma-informed way. How yoga can be used to support health and healing for every body.
Lakshmi Voelker Chair Yoga Certification – Lakshmi Voelker, E-RYT500, C-IAYT, YACEP, KYT, AY Ambassador
- In this 30 hour training for LVCYT, Lakshmi teaches an accessible path to fitness through her Levels of Flexibility, breathing techniques, modified Yoga postures, and other holistic practices. There are five forms of LVCY – Single Chair Yoga, Double Chair Yoga, Pair Chair Yoga, Weighted Chair Yoga (light weights for bone & muscle mass building), and Wheelchair Yoga. LVCY certification is the same one used by the Mayo Clinic and the NYC Department of Education.
Yoga for All Teacher Training, Dianne Bondy, E-RYT 500 and Amber Karnes, E-RYT 500
- 25 Hour Certification – The focus is on a body-positive experience for you, my students. I learned how to adapt yoga poses for any size, shape, and age. So, it doesn’t matter if you are in a larger or as we like to say in “Yoga for All” an abundant body, a senior body, or a differently-abled body. I am dedicated to creating an inclusive yoga experience for every student I teach.
Om Restorative Yoga Teacher Training, Cyndi Lee
- Comprehensive restorative poses, working with different body sizes, shapes and abilities, energizing and quieting practices, meditation, alignment and principles of restorative yoga.
Subtle Yoga – Subtle Yoga Revolution 40 Hour Teacher Training, Kristine Kaoverii Weber – MA, C-IAYT, eRYT500, YACEP
- 40 Hour Teacher Training – The science of slow, conscious yoga is the antidote to the fast-paced, crazy world we live in. The focus of this training is slow, mindful practices that are safe, beneficial and fun for all people regardless of age or capacity. This allows me to offer unique classes and private sessions that are healing, relaxing, adaptive, and beneficial to students. Slow, mindful yoga improves brain function, builds nervous system resilience, increases interoception, develops mindfulness, increases psychological flexibility, reduces inflammation, improves self-regulation, and ultimately creates better health.
Yoga. Psyche. Soul – Yoga Psychology Training, Ashley Turner, MA, LMFT
- In this 300 hour training, it combined yoga, meditation, depth psychology, neuroscience, sound healing, mythology, and leadership. Yoga Psychology recognizes that the mind and body are inseparable, and that mastering our minds and building emotional resilience are the keys to true health, wealth, and happiness on every level.
iRest Level One Teacher Training, Richard Miller and Stephanie Lopez
- iRest is a simple and accessible form of meditation designed for modern day living. In this training, I am learning the basic principles, history, theory, practice, and delivery of iRest. I am also learning how to incorporate the simple yet profound 10-step iRest protocol into your life, your yoga teaching, and/or your clinical practice. Currently in training
Warriors at Ease Teacher Training
- In this training, I will learn valuable skills to support the health and healing of service members, veterans, and their families, including those who’ve been impacted by war and sexual trauma experienced while serving in the military. I will also learn yoga practices and teaching principles grounded in an approach that is trauma-sensitive, evidenced-based, and informed by the unique aspects of military culture. Currently in training
Breathing Deeply Yoga Therapy Foundations – Yoga Therapist Training, Brandt Passalacqua, Yoga Therapist I-CAYT
Yoga Therapy Training
- Yoga Therapy is a type of therapy that uses yoga postures, breathing exercises, meditation, and guided imagery to improve mental and physical health. The holistic focus of yoga therapy encourages the integration of mind, body, and spirit. It can help to nurture the physical, emotional, psychological, social, and spiritual well-being.
Aura Wellness Center, Dr. Paul Gerard, E-RYT 500
- 240-hour Chair Yoga Training
Sound Energy Healing
Sound Healing Academy
- Sound Healing with Crystal Singing Bowls
Including:Tibetan Bowls, Gongs, Drums & Rhythm, Tuning Forks, Voice
Ataana Method Energy Healing
- Ataana Method Energy Healing Practitioner
Aroma Hut with Rebecca Park Totilo, Certified Aromatherapist, Bestselling Author, Speaker and Educator
- Level One Certified Aromatherapist
Level Two Currently in training
Mental Health First Aid
FAA Level 3 Award Supervising First Aid for Mental Health with Hannah Francis
- FAA Level 3 Award Supervising First Aid for Mental Health
Spiritual Teacher and Ordained Nonsectarian Minister
MiraclesOne Center for ACIM
- Rev. Deb Phelps has extensive knowledge through over 40 years of personal meditation experience, certifications, and training. She has participated in 1000’s of hours of meditation with groups and individuals. She is also a spiritual teacher and non-sectarian minister for well over 30 years specializing in A Course in Miracles, (a form of spiritual psychotherapy) but open to all spiritual paths. While not a licensed therapist, she is dedicated to assisting you in your spiritual life and personal healing goals.
Laughter Wellness Institute
- Laughter Wellness Facilitator, IT
Education and Background
- B.S. Community Ministry
- Technology, Web Design
- Worked in Non-Profit Sector